Microbiology Research Support Team
The Department of Microbiology has dedicated staff to provide support to your research program. Log into the Intranet to find more resources and templates. We support all activities within the life cycle of an award from submission to closeout. Some of the tasks include:
- Grant applications
- Grant renewals
- Progress reports
- Just-In-Time (JIT) submission
- Setting up of new budgets/projects
- Monthly budget reports and assistance in budget management
- Subcontract initiation and management
- Faculty effort management
- Other support maintenance
- Submission of closeout reports
University of Washington Resources
There are various resources throughout campus to assist researchers in successfully applying for and managing sponsored research projects and programs.
- Departmental Resources
- University of Washington Resources
- Multi-Group Meetings
- Organizations That Fund Microbiology Research
Office of Research – Research Website & the MyResearch Lifecycle
The Office of Research website is the starting point for all research administration at the UW. Also view the MyResearch Project Lifecycle that provides research tools, forms, policies, training, and resources across all stages of the research project lifecycle, and the New to UW Research webpage.
Human Subjects Division
All research involving human subjects must have review and approval of the research protocol by the Institutional Review Board (IRB). The UW Human Subject Division manages this process.
Office of Animal Welfare
The Office of Animal Welfare (OAW) facilitates the IACUC review of research protocols and grants involving live vertebrate animals.
Center for Commercialization (C4C)
The UW Center for Commercialization (C$C) assists researchers in bringing their innovations through the commercialization process.
Biological Information Resources
The UW Biological Information Resources site provides general access for UW faculty and students to centralized biological sequence databases and software programs to interact with these databases.
Organizations That Fund Microbiology Research
The Department of Microbiology has a strong funding history with organizations that support our programs. The department encourages all faculty and trainees to seek funding opportunities. These agencies are among those that fund researchers in the department:
- Parent R01
- Parent R21
- Standard Due Dates
- Grants and Policy Guidance
- About NIH Grants
- SBIR/STTR Grants
- eRA Commons
- Science Experts Network Curriculum Vitae (SciENcv) (For building your NIH Biosketch)
- Directorate for Biological Sciences
- Upcoming Deadlines
- Recently Announced Opportunities
- The Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG)