As part of our long-term recruiting objectives, the Department of Microbiology at the University of Washington (https://microbiology.washington.edu ) has openings for three full-time positions at the rank of Assistant Professor tenure-track and one position at the rank of Associate Professor with tenure or Full Professor with tenure commensurate with experience.
Prof. Daniel Wozniak, Prof Doriano Lamba and UW Microbiology's own Dr Matt Parsek were awarded the XXVII International
Prize "Saint Francis and Claire of Assisi" - Science and Research section for our collaborative work on biofilm matrix proteins.
Dr Rudy Urbano, a recent graduate of our program, has just been awarded a prestigious Hanna Gray Fellowship from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Dr Urbano was a member of Dr Ferric Fang's Lab and defended in Autumn 2017.
Host: Dr Keith Jerome
Host: Dr Jenny Hyde
Host: Dr Ferric Fang
- The Cellular Microbiology of Salmonellae Interactions with Macrophages.
Cellular microbiology - Sep, 2019
Petersen E, Miller SI
- A Mutagenic Screen Identifies a TonB-Dependent Receptor Required for the Lanthanide Metal Switch in the Type I Methanotroph "Methylotuvimicrobium buryatense" 5GB1C.
Journal of bacteriology - Aug, 2019
Groom JD, Ford SM, Pesesky MW, Lidstrom ME
- Salmonella Translocated Effectors Recruit OSBP1 to the Phagosome to Promote Vacuolar Membrane Integrity.
Cell reports - May, 2019
Kolodziejek AM, Altura MA, Fan J, Petersen EM, Cook M, Brzovic PS, Miller SI
- The Pseudomonas aeruginosa lectin LecB binds to the exopolysaccharide Psl and stabilizes the biofilm matrix.
Nature communications - 05, 2019
Passos da Silva D, Matwichuk ML, Townsend DO, Reichhardt C, Lamba D, Wozniak DJ, Parsek MR
- Heterogeneity in surface sensing suggests a division of labor in populations.
eLife - 06, 2019
Armbruster CR, Lee CK, Parker-Gilham J, de Anda J, Xia A, Zhao K, Murakami K, Tseng BS, Hoffman LR, Jin F, Harwood CS, Wong GC, Parsek MR