Dr. Michael Lagunoff was elected as a fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS fellow). The council elects members whose “efforts on behalf of the advancement of science or its applications are scientifically or socially distinguished”. Dr. Lagunoff was honored “for contributions to how viral infections cause cancer including demonstration that Kaposi’s Sarcoma herpesvirus activates oncogenic cell signaling pathways”. He will receive his award in February as part of the Associations annual meeting.
As part of our long-term recruiting objectives, the Department of Microbiology at the University of Washington (https://microbiology.washington.edu ) has openings for three full-time positions at the rank of Assistant Professor tenure-track and one position at the rank of Associate Professor with tenure or Full Professor with tenure commensurate with experience.
Prof. Daniel Wozniak, Prof Doriano Lamba and UW Microbiology's own Dr Matt Parsek were awarded the XXVII International
Prize "Saint Francis and Claire of Assisi" - Science and Research section for our collaborative work on biofilm matrix proteins.
Host: Dr Jenny Hyde
- STING is dispensable during KSHV infection of primary endothelial cells.
Virology - Jan, 2020
Vogt D, Zaver S, Ranjan A, DiMaio T, Gounder AP, Smith JG, Lagunoff M
- Epigenetics and the dynamics of chromatin during adenovirus infections.
FEBS letters - Dec, 2019
Lynch KL, Gooding LR, Garnett-Benson C, Ornelles DA, Avgousti DC
- Quantifying Methane and Methanol Metabolism of "" 5GB1C under Substrate Limitation.
mSystems - Dec, 2019
He L, Fu Y, Lidstrom ME
- In Vivo Two-Photon Imaging of Neuronal and Brain Vascular Responses in Mice Chronically Exposed to Ethanol.
Alcohol (Fayetteville, N.Y.) - Dec, 2019
O'Herron P, Summers PM, Shih AY, Kara P, Woodward JJ
- Bridging protein structure, dynamics, and function using hydrogen/deuterium-exchange mass spectrometry.
Protein science : a publication of the Protein Society - Nov, 2019
Hodge EA, Benhaim MA, Lee KK