The UW medical school’s graduate program in microbiology tied for second in the nation!
A single scoop of sediment collected from the bottom of Lake Washington may not look like much to the untrained eye, but for UW researchers, the complex microbial communities living in the mud might hold the key to a cleaner world.
Getting a flu shot every year can be a pain. One UW Medicine researcher is hoping to make the yearly poke a thing of the past with the development of a universal vaccine that would protect from all strains of influenza virus, even as the viruses genetically shape-shift from year to year.
- Inhibition of vaccinia virus replication by nitazoxanide.
Virology - Apr, 2018
Hickson SE, Margineantu D, Hockenbery DM, Simon JA, Geballe AP
- Identifying the assembly intermediate in which Gag first associates with unspliced HIV-1 RNA suggests a novel model for HIV-1 RNA packaging.
PLoS pathogens - Apr, 2018
Barajas BC, Tanaka M, Robinson BA, Phuong DJ, Chutiraka K, Reed JC, Lingappa JR
- New insight into the early stages of biofilm formation.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America - Apr, 2018
Armbruster CR, Parsek MR
- A Biofilm Matrix-Associated Protease Inhibitor Protects Pseudomonas aeruginosa from Proteolytic Attack.
mBio - Apr, 2018
Tseng BS, Reichhardt C, Merrihew GE, Araujo-Hernandez SA, Harrison JJ, MacCoss MJ, Parsek MR
- Comparative genomic, transcriptomic, and proteomic reannotation of human herpesvirus 6.
BMC genomics - 03, 2018
Greninger AL, Knudsen GM, Roychoudhury P, Hanson DJ, Sedlak RH, Xie H, Guan J, Nguyen T, Peddu V, Boeckh M, Huang ML, Cook L, Depledge DP, Zerr DM, Koelle DM, Gantt S, Yoshikawa T, Caserta M, Hill JA, Jerome KR