The UW medical school’s graduate program in microbiology tied for second in the nation!
A single scoop of sediment collected from the bottom of Lake Washington may not look like much to the untrained eye, but for UW researchers, the complex microbial communities living in the mud might hold the key to a cleaner world.
Host: Dr Matt Parsek
- RECON-Dependent Inflammation in Hepatocytes Enhances Listeria monocytogenes Cell-to-Cell Spread.
mBio - May, 2018
McFarland AP, Burke TP, Carletti AA, Glover RC, Tabakh H, Welch MD, Woodward JJ
- New insight into the early stages of biofilm formation.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America - Apr, 2018
Armbruster CR, Parsek MR
- A Biofilm Matrix-Associated Protease Inhibitor Protects Pseudomonas aeruginosa from Proteolytic Attack.
mBio - Apr, 2018
Tseng BS, Reichhardt C, Merrihew GE, Araujo-Hernandez SA, Harrison JJ, MacCoss MJ, Parsek MR
- Identifying the assembly intermediate in which Gag first associates with unspliced HIV-1 RNA suggests a novel model for HIV-1 RNA packaging.
PLoS pathogens - Apr, 2018
Barajas BC, Tanaka M, Robinson BA, Phuong DJ, Chutiraka K, Reed JC, Lingappa JR
- Paneth Cells during Viral Infection and Pathogenesis.
Viruses - 04, 2018
Holly MK, Smith JG