We are very proud of graduate students in the Microbiology Department who were recognized this month for excellence and outstanding effort. Mayumi Holly (Jason Smith lab) was awarded the Neal Groman Microbiology Graduate Student Award for Excellence in Teaching; Mayim Wiens (also from the Smith lab) received the Helen Riaboff Whiteley Fellowship Award; and Alevtina Gall (Molecular and Cellular Biology program, Nina Salama lab) was awarded the Stanley Falkow Microbiology Graduate Student Award. Congratulations to each of these awardees!
Host: Department of Microbiology
- Comparison of Major and Minor Viral SNPs Identified through Single Template Sequencing and Pyrosequencing in Acute HIV-1 Infection.
PloS one - , 2015
Iyer S, Casey E, Bouzek H, Kim M, Deng W, Larsen BB, Zhao H, Bumgarner RE, Rolland M, Mullins JI
- Suppressor of Cytokine Signaling 3 Is an Inducible Host Factor That Regulates Virus Egress during Ebola Virus Infection.
Journal of virology - Oct, 2015
Okumura A, Rasmussen AL, Halfmann P, Feldmann F, Yoshimura A, Feldmann H, Kawaoka Y, Harty RN, Katze MG
- Relationship of Specific Bacteria in the Cervical and Vaginal Microbiotas With Cervicitis.
Sexually transmitted diseases - Sep, 2015
Gorgos LM, Sycuro LK, Srinivasan S, Fiedler TL, Morgan MT, Balkus JE, McClelland SR, Fredricks DN, Marrazzo JM
- Pel is a cationic exopolysaccharide that cross-links extracellular DNA in the Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilm matrix.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America - Sep, 2015
Jennings LK, Storek KM, Ledvina HE, Coulon C, Marmont LS, Sadovskaya I, Secor PR, Tseng BS, Scian M, Filloux A, Wozniak DJ, Howell PL, Parsek MR
- Positive selection in CD8+ T-cell epitopes of influenza nucleoprotein revealed by a comparative analysis of human and swine viral lineages.
Journal of virology - Aug, 2015
Machkovech HM, Bedford T, Suchard MA, Bloom JD