Postdoc John Whitney, part of a research team led by Joseph Mougous, UW Associate Professor of Microbiology and a Howard Hughes Medical Institute investigator, is featured in this UW Health Sciences NewsBeat article about the team's research into how Pseudomonas aeruginosa is able to deliver a deadly toxin to competitor bacteria.
The University of Washington Microbiology Department was ranked #2 in "Best Global Universities for Microbiology" by U.S. News and World Report, up from #3 last year! More info here.
Host: John Leigh
Host: Department of Microbiology
Host: Microbiology Graduate Students
- Directed Evolution of Adenoviruses.
Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.) - , 2016
- Bioreactor performance parameters for an industrially-promising methanotroph Methylomicrobium buryatense 5GB1.
Microbial cell factories - , 2015
Gilman A, Laurens LM, Puri AW, Chu F, Pienkos PT, Lidstrom ME
- Controlling the connections of cells to the biofilm matrix.
Journal of bacteriology - Nov, 2015
- Isolation and characterization of circulating lymphatic endothelial colony forming cells.
Experimental cell research - Nov, 2015
DiMaio TA, Wentz BL, Lagunoff M
- A phase 1 randomized placebo-controlled safety and pharmacokinetic trial of a tenofovir disoproxil fumarate vaginal ring.
AIDS (London, England) - Nov, 2015
Keller MJ, Mesquita PM, Marzinke MA, Teller R, Espinoza L, Atrio JM, Lo Y, Frank B, Srinivasan S, Fredricks DN, Rabe L, Anderson PL, Hendrix CW, Kiser PF, Herold BC