The National Academy of Sciences announced today the election of 120 members and 30 international members in recognition of their distinguished and continuing achievements in original research. Among those elected is Microbiology's own Dr Joseph Mougous. Congratulations, Dr Mougous!
Congratulations, Dr Harwood!
Host: Dr Parsek
- The Wsp system of links surface sensing and cell envelope stress.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America - May, 2022
O'Neal L, Baraquet C, Suo Z, Dreifus JE, Peng Y, Raivio TL, Wozniak DJ, Harwood CS, Parsek MR
- Mucoid Pseudomonas aeruginosa Can Produce Calcium-Gelled Biofilms Independent of the Matrix Components Psl and CdrA.
Journal of bacteriology - May, 2022
Jacobs HM, O'Neal L, Lopatto E, Wozniak DJ, Bjarnsholt T, Parsek MR
- Thymidine starvation promotes c-di-AMP-dependent inflammation during pathogenic bacterial infection.
Cell host & microbe - Apr, 2022
Tang Q, Precit MR, Thomason MK, Blanc SF, Ahmed-Qadri F, McFarland AP, Wolter DJ, Hoffman LR, Woodward JJ
- Discovery of coordinately regulated pathways that provide innate protection against interbacterial antagonism.
eLife - 02, 2022
Ting SY, LaCourse KD, Ledvina HE, Zhang R, Radey MC, Kulasekara HD, Somavanshi R, Bertolli SK, Gallagher LA, Kim J, Penewit KM, Salipante SJ, Xu L, Peterson SB, Mougous JD
- VP4 Is a Determinant of Alpha-Defensin Modulation of Rotaviral Infection.
Journal of virology - 04, 2022
Hu CT, Diaz K, Yang LC, Sharma A, Greenberg HB, Smith JG