The University of Washington maintained its No. 10 spot on the U.S. News & World Report’s Best Global Universities rankings, released Tuesday. The UW is second among American public institutions. UW Microbiology is ranked #4!
Peter Greenberg, professor of microbiology at the University of Washington, Seattle, describing the phenomenon of quorum sensing, wherein microbes use chemical signals to determine the size of their group, and take action when it reaches an appropriately high number.
Host: Dr Josh Woodward
Host: Dr Pete Greenberg
- Confocal Laser Scanning Microscopy for Analysis of Biofilm Architecture and Matrix Localization.
Frontiers in microbiology - , 2019
Reichhardt C, Parsek MR
- The Pseudomonas aeruginosa lectin LecB binds to the exopolysaccharide Psl and stabilizes the biofilm matrix.
Nature communications - May, 2019
Passos da Silva D, Matwichuk ML, Townsend DO, Reichhardt C, Lamba D, Wozniak DJ, Parsek MR
- A mutagenic screen identifies a TonB-dependent receptor required for the lanthanide metal switch in the Type I methanotroph "" 5GB1C.
Journal of bacteriology - May, 2019
Groom JD, Ford SM, Pesesky MW, Lidstrom ME
- Salmonella Translocated Effectors Recruit OSBP1 to the Phagosome to Promote Vacuolar Membrane Integrity.
Cell reports - May, 2019
Kolodziejek AM, Altura MA, Fan J, Petersen EM, Cook M, Brzovic PS, Miller SI
- Deep mutational scan of the highly conserved influenza A M1 matrix protein reveals substantial intrinsic mutational tolerance.
Journal of virology - Apr, 2019
Hom N, Gentles L, Bloom JD, Lee KK