Eleven undergraduate students were honored with various awards on June 2 during the department's annual celebration for graduating seniors and for current students demonstrating outstanding achievement.
The Microbiology Department welcomes our newest faculty member, Jenny Hyde, Ph.D.
Dr. Hyde comes to us from the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri, where she had her post-doctoral appointment. She completed her Ph.D. at the University of Queensland. Dr. Hyde's research focus is in virology.
Molecular and Cellular Biology (MCB) graduate student Erica Sanchez was awarded the UW Graduate Student Medal, which is given to recognize Ph.D. candidates whose academic expertise and social awareness are integrated in a way that demonstrates an exemplary commitment to the University and its larger community. Find out more about the award here.
- Difference in C3-C4 metabolism underlies tradeoff between growth rate and biomass yield in Methylobacterium extorquens AM1.
BMC microbiology - , 2016
Fu Y, Beck DA, Lidstrom ME
- Erratum for Smith et al., Effective Cytotoxic T Lymphocyte Targeting of Persistent HIV-1 during Antiretroviral Therapy Requires Priming of Naive CD8+ T Cells.
mBio - , 2016
Smith KN, Mailliard RB, Piazza PA, Fischer W, Korber BT, Fecek RJ, Ratner D, Gupta P, Mullins JI, Rinaldo CR
- An In Vivo Selection Identifies Listeria monocytogenes Genes Required to Sense the Intracellular Environment and Activate Virulence Factor Expression.
PLoS pathogens - Jul, 2016
Reniere ML, Whiteley AT, Portnoy DA
- Flying Under the Radar: Immune Evasion by Group B Streptococcus.
Cell host & microbe - Jul, 2016
McFarland AP, Woodward JJ
- Activation of cellular metabolism during latent Kaposi's Sarcoma herpesvirus infection.
Current opinion in virology - Jul, 2016