Eleven undergraduate students were honored with various awards on June 2 during the department's annual celebration for graduating seniors and for current students demonstrating outstanding achievement.
The Microbiology Department welcomes our newest faculty member, Jenny Hyde, Ph.D.
Dr. Hyde comes to us from the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri, where she had her post-doctoral appointment. She completed her Ph.D. at the University of Queensland. Dr. Hyde's research focus is in virology.
Molecular and Cellular Biology (MCB) graduate student Erica Sanchez was awarded the UW Graduate Student Medal, which is given to recognize Ph.D. candidates whose academic expertise and social awareness are integrated in a way that demonstrates an exemplary commitment to the University and its larger community. Find out more about the award here.
- More Easily Cultivated Than Identified: Classical Isolation With Molecular Identification of Vaginal Bacteria.
The Journal of infectious diseases - Aug, 2016
Srinivasan S, Munch MM, Sizova MV, Fiedler TL, Kohler CM, Hoffman NG, Liu C, Agnew KJ, Marrazzo JM, Epstein SS, Fredricks DN
- Cystic Fibrosis: Microbiology and Host Response.
Pediatric clinics of North America - Aug, 2016
Zemanick ET, Hoffman LR
- Difference in C3-C4 metabolism underlies tradeoff between growth rate and biomass yield in Methylobacterium extorquens AM1.
BMC microbiology - , 2016
Fu Y, Beck DA, Lidstrom ME
- Flying Under the Radar: Immune Evasion by Group B Streptococcus.
Cell host & microbe - Jul, 2016
McFarland AP, Woodward JJ
- Activation of cellular metabolism during latent Kaposi's Sarcoma herpesvirus infection.
Current opinion in virology - Jul, 2016