Associate Professor Deb Fuller, Ph.D., collaborated with other UW researchers to develop a computationally designed protein that may have anti-viral and therapeutic benefits against flu viruses. Read more about their research here.
Congratulations to Houra Merrikh, Ph.D., who was awarded the Vilcek Prize for Creative Promise in Biomedical Science. The Vilcek Foundation raises awareness of immigrant contributions in America and fosters appreciation of the arts and sciences. Dr. Merrikh was recognized for her work in "uncovering hidden conflicts between the machinery that copies DNA in living cells and the one that transcribes its genetic code." Read more about this prestigious award here.
Postdoc John Whitney, part of a research team led by Joseph Mougous, UW Associate Professor of Microbiology and a Howard Hughes Medical Institute investigator, is featured in this UW Health Sciences NewsBeat article about the team's research into how Pseudomonas aeruginosa is able to deliver a deadly toxin to competitor bacteria.
- Digital detection of endonuclease mediated gene disruption in the HIV provirus.
Scientific reports - , 2016
Sedlak RH, Liang S, Niyonzima N, De Silva Feelixge HS, Roychoudhury P, Greninger AL, Weber ND, Boissel S, Scharenberg AM, Cheng A, Magaret A, Bumgarner R, Stone D, Jerome KR
- Isotope Labeling of Biomolecules: Structural Analysis of Viruses by HDX-MS.
Methods in enzymology - , 2016
Guttman M, Lee KK
- An evolutionary view of the arms race between protein kinase R and large DNA viruses.
Journal of virology - Jan, 2016
Carpentier KS, Geballe AP
- Electroporation-Based Genetic Manipulation In Type I Methanotrophs.
Applied and environmental microbiology - Jan, 2016
Yan X, Chu F, Puri AW, Fu Y, Lidstrom ME
- Tuning a High Transmission Ion Guide to Prevent Gas-Phase Proton Exchange During H/D Exchange MS Analysis.
Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry - Jan, 2016
Guttman M, Wales TE, Whittington D, Engen JR, Brown JM, Lee KK