Three undergraduate students at the University of Washington are among 396 around the country who have been named Goldwater Scholars for 2020.
The Goldwater Scholarship Program supports undergraduates who “show exceptional promise of becoming this nation’s next generation of research leaders” in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. The scholarships go toward tuition, room and board, fees and books up to $7,500 annually for one or two years.
Spring quarter will begin with remote instruction on March 30, with fully remote instruction continuing through the end of spring quarter. There will be no in-person classes this spring.
As of 3/16/2020, our office operations have moved online. Department Admin staff is available via email/phone and the student advisor (Andrea Pardo) is available via phone or zoom appointment. Please refer to the directory page if you would need a specific person's contact information.
Host: Microbiology Senior Fellows
Host: Dr John Mittler
- Cyclic dinucleotides at the forefront of innate immunity.
Current opinion in cell biology - Jan, 2020
Zaver SA, Woodward JJ
- STING is dispensable during KSHV infection of primary endothelial cells.
Virology - Jan, 2020
Vogt D, Zaver S, Ranjan A, DiMaio T, Gounder AP, Smith JG, Lagunoff M
- Quantifying Methane and Methanol Metabolism of "" 5GB1C under Substrate Limitation.
mSystems - Dec, 2019
He L, Fu Y, Lidstrom ME
- In vivo two-photon imaging of neuronal and brain vascular responses in mice chronically exposed to ethanol.
Alcohol (Fayetteville, N.Y.) - Dec, 2019
O'Herron P, Summers PM, Shih AY, Kara P, Woodward JJ
- Structure of an Inner Membrane Protein Required for PhoPQ-Regulated Increases in Outer Membrane Cardiolipin.
mBio - 02, 2020
Fan J, Petersen EM, Hinds TR, Zheng N, Miller SI