The University of Washington maintained its No. 10 spot on the U.S. News & World Report’s Best Global Universities rankings, released Tuesday. The UW is second among American public institutions. UW Microbiology is ranked #4!
Peter Greenberg, professor of microbiology at the University of Washington, Seattle, describing the phenomenon of quorum sensing, wherein microbes use chemical signals to determine the size of their group, and take action when it reaches an appropriately high number.
- Identification of Small Molecule Modulators of Diguanylate Cyclase by FRET-based High-Throughput-Screening.
Chembiochem : a European journal of chemical biology - Nov, 2018
Christen M, Kamischke C, Kulasekara HD, Olivas KC, Kulasekara BR, Christen B, Kline T, Miller SI
- Gene inversion potentiates bacterial evolvability and virulence.
Nature communications - Nov, 2018
Merrikh CN, Merrikh H
- Bifunctional Immunity Proteins Protect Bacteria against FtsZ-Targeting ADP-Ribosylating Toxins.
Cell - Oct, 2018
Ting SY, Bosch DE, Mangiameli SM, Radey MC, Huang S, Park YJ, Kelly KA, Filip SK, Goo YA, Eng JK, Allaire M, Veesler D, Wiggins PA, Peterson SB, Mougous JD
- CdrA Interactions within the Pseudomonas aeruginosa Biofilm Matrix Safeguard It from Proteolysis and Promote Cellular Packing.
mBio - Sep, 2018
Reichhardt C, Wong C, Passos da Silva D, Wozniak DJ, Parsek MR
- ISDB: A database toolkit for storing and analyzing viral integration site data.
Bioinformatics (Oxford, England) - Aug, 2018
Sibley TR, Silberman EJ, Mullins JI