The Microbiology Department welcomes our newest faculty member, Jenny Hyde, Ph.D.
Dr. Hyde comes to us from the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri, where she had her post-doctoral appointment. She completed her Ph.D. at the University of Queensland. Dr. Hyde's research focus is in virology.
Molecular and Cellular Biology (MCB) graduate student Erica Sanchez was awarded the UW Graduate Student Medal, which is given to recognize Ph.D. candidates whose academic expertise and social awareness are integrated in a way that demonstrates an exemplary commitment to the University and its larger community. Find out more about the award here.
Associate Professor Deb Fuller, Ph.D., collaborated with other UW researchers to develop a computationally designed protein that may have anti-viral and therapeutic benefits against flu viruses. Read more about their research here.
Host: Houra Merrikh
- Staphylococcus aureus Protein A Mediates Interspecies Interactions at the Cell Surface of Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
mBio - , 2016
Armbruster CR, Wolter DJ, Mishra M, Hayden HS, Radey MC, Merrihew G, MacCoss MJ, Burns J, Wozniak DJ, Parsek MR, Hoffman LR
- Quorum sensing control of Type VI secretion factors restricts the proliferation of quorum-sensing mutants.
eLife - , 2016
Majerczyk C, Schneider E, Greenberg EP
- Visualization and sequencing of membrane remodeling leading to influenza virus fusion.
Journal of virology - May, 2016
Gui L, Ebner JL, Mileant A, Williams JA, Lee KK
- Genomic Signatures of Emerging Viruses: A New Era of Systems Epidemiology.
Cell host & microbe - May, 2016
Rasmussen AL, Katze MG
- Pyomelanin-producing Pseudomonas aeruginosa selected during chronic infections have a large chromosomal deletion which confers resistance to pyocins.
Environmental microbiology - Apr, 2016
Hocquet D, Petitjean M, Rohmer L, Valot B, Kulasekara HD, Bedel E, Bertrand X, Plésiat P, Köhler T, Pantel A, Jacobs M, Hoffman LR, Miller SI