As part of our long-term recruiting objectives, the Department of Microbiology at the University of Washington (https://microbiology.washington.edu ) has openings for three full-time positions at the rank of Assistant Professor tenure-track and one position at the rank of Associate Professor with tenure or Full Professor with tenure commensurate with experience.
Prof. Daniel Wozniak, Prof Doriano Lamba and UW Microbiology's own Dr Matt Parsek were awarded the XXVII International
Prize "Saint Francis and Claire of Assisi" - Science and Research section for our collaborative work on biofilm matrix proteins.
Dr Rudy Urbano, a recent graduate of our program, has just been awarded a prestigious Hanna Gray Fellowship from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Dr Urbano was a member of Dr Ferric Fang's Lab and defended in Autumn 2017.
Host: Dr Brad Cookson
Host: Dr Michael Lagunoff
- Bridging protein structure, dynamics, and function using hydrogen/deuterium-exchange mass spectrometry.
Protein science : a publication of the Protein Society - Nov, 2019
Hodge EA, Benhaim MA, Lee KK
- Digital PCR-An Emerging Technology with Broad Applications in Microbiology.
Clinical chemistry - Nov, 2019
Salipante SJ, Jerome KR
- The cellular microbiology of Salmonellae interactions with macrophages.
Cellular microbiology - Nov, 2019
Petersen E, Miller SI
- Human gut bacteria contain acquired interbacterial defence systems.
Nature - Oct, 2019
Ross BD, Verster AJ, Radey MC, Schmidtke DT, Pope CE, Hoffman LR, Hajjar AM, Peterson SB, Borenstein E, Mougous JD
- Xenophagy: Pathogen-Containing Vacuoles Are Hard to Digest.
Current biology : CB - Oct, 2019
Chaudhary A, Miller SI