Molecular and Cellular Biology (MCB) graduate student Erica Sanchez was awarded the UW Graduate Student Medal, which is given to recognize Ph.D. candidates whose academic expertise and social awareness are integrated in a way that demonstrates an exemplary commitment to the University and its larger community. Find out more about the award here.
Associate Professor Deb Fuller, Ph.D., collaborated with other UW researchers to develop a computationally designed protein that may have anti-viral and therapeutic benefits against flu viruses. Read more about their research here.
Host: Microbiology Post Docs
Host: Dr Josh Woodward
- FCGR2C Polymorphisms Associated with HIV-1 Vaccine Protection Are Linked to Altered Gene Expression of Fc-γ Receptors in Human B Cells.
PloS one - , 2016
Peng X, Li SS, Gilbert PB, Geraghty DE, Katze MG
- Site-Specific Mapping of Sialic Acid Linkage Isomers by Ion Mobility Spectrometry.
Analytical chemistry - May, 2016
Guttman M, Lee KK
- Quorum sensing influences Burkholderia thailandensis biofilm development and matrix production.
Journal of bacteriology - Apr, 2016
Tseng BS, Majerczyk CD, Passos da Silva D, Chandler JR, Greenberg EP, Parsek MR
- Pyomelanin-producing Pseudomonas aeruginosa selected during chronic infections have a large chromosomal deletion which confers resistance to pyocins.
Environmental microbiology - Apr, 2016
Hocquet D, Petitjean M, Rohmer L, Valot B, Kulasekara HD, Bedel E, Bertrand X, Plésiat P, Köhler T, Pantel A, Jacobs M, Hoffman LR, Miller SI
- Cell and gene therapy strategies to eradicate HIV reservoirs.
Current opinion in HIV and AIDS - Mar, 2016
Spragg C, De Silva Feelixge H, Jerome KR