HOW RNA VACCINES CAN HELP DEFEAT THE NEXT PANDEMIC: Dr. Deborah Fuller’s gene gun could transform the next generation of COVID-19 vaccines
At the beginning of 2020, the virus that causes COVID-19 was still known as “the novel coronavirus,” one that had never been seen before. Vaccines often take years to create and test, yet in a matter of months, scientists around the world had already developed and begun clinical trials on the first vaccines. How were they able to make such rapid progress?
Double-dipping? Mix and match? What future may hold for COVID-19 vaccinations
Congratulations to Microbiology undergrad Kaushik Komandur, awarded the Husky 100 class of 2021!
No upcoming events at this time
- A Rationally Designed c-di-AMP Förster Resonance Energy Transfer Biosensor To Monitor Nucleotide Dynamics.
Journal of bacteriology - Sep, 2021
Pollock AJ, Choi PH, Zaver SA, Tong L, Woodward JJ
- Investigating the Roles of Listeria monocytogenes Peroxidases in Growth and Virulence.
Microbiology spectrum - Sep, 2021
Cesinger MR, Schwardt NH, Halsey CR, Thomason MK, Reniere ML
- The redox-responsive transcriptional regulator Rex represses fermentative metabolism and is required for Listeria monocytogenes pathogenesis.
PLoS pathogens - Aug, 2021
Halsey CR, Glover RC, Thomason MK, Reniere ML
- Tracking SARS-CoV-2 Spike Protein Mutations in the United States (2020/01 - 2021/03) Using a Statistical Learning Strategy.
bioRxiv : the preprint server for biology - Jun, 2021
Zhao LP, Lybrand TP, Gilbert PB, Hawn TR, Schiffer JT, Stamatatos L, Payne TH, Carpp LN, Geraghty DE, Jerome KR
- High-resolution, genome-wide mapping of positive supercoiling in chromosomes.
eLife - 07, 2021
Guo MS, Kawamura R, Littlehale ML, Marko JF, Laub MT