Postdoc John Whitney, part of a research team led by Joseph Mougous, UW Associate Professor of Microbiology and a Howard Hughes Medical Institute investigator, is featured in this UW Health Sciences NewsBeat article about the team's research into how Pseudomonas aeruginosa is able to deliver a deadly toxin to competitor bacteria.
The University of Washington Microbiology Department was ranked #2 in "Best Global Universities for Microbiology" by U.S. News and World Report, up from #3 last year! More info here.
Host: Denise Galloway
Host: Carrie Harwood
- Comparison of Major and Minor Viral SNPs Identified through Single Template Sequencing and Pyrosequencing in Acute HIV-1 Infection.
PloS one - , 2015
Iyer S, Casey E, Bouzek H, Kim M, Deng W, Larsen BB, Zhao H, Bumgarner RE, Rolland M, Mullins JI
- Bacterial danger sensing.
Journal of molecular biology - Oct, 2015
LeRoux M, Peterson SB, Mougous JD
- Pel is a cationic exopolysaccharide that cross-links extracellular DNA in the Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilm matrix.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America - Sep, 2015
Jennings LK, Storek KM, Ledvina HE, Coulon C, Marmont LS, Sadovskaya I, Secor PR, Tseng BS, Scian M, Filloux A, Wozniak DJ, Howell PL, Parsek MR
- Relationship of Specific Bacteria in the Cervical and Vaginal Microbiotas With Cervicitis.
Sexually transmitted diseases - Sep, 2015
Gorgos LM, Sycuro LK, Srinivasan S, Fiedler TL, Morgan MT, Balkus JE, McClelland SR, Fredricks DN, Marrazzo JM
- Positive selection in CD8+ T-cell epitopes of influenza nucleoprotein revealed by a comparative analysis of human and swine viral lineages.
Journal of virology - Aug, 2015
Machkovech HM, Bedford T, Suchard MA, Bloom JD