The first step is receiving an offer from a faculty member in the Department of Microbiology. This offer requires concurrence from the School of Medicine and other approving bodies within the University of Washington, and can take several weeks for US citizens. For international postdoctoral fellows, the visa process adds an additional four to eight weeks to complete the appointment. (International Postdoc Visa Process)
Following the receipt of your offer letter, sign and return a copy electronically to the Department Payroll Coordinator, Annie Manangan, email@example.com.
The next step is to make an appointment with Annie Manangan for your first day in the Department: (206) 543-3814, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please bring the following documents with you to this appointment:
- A copy of your current CV
- A copy of your diploma: If you have not yet received your diploma, we accept a degree verification letter from your university’s registrar or graduate school indicating the department of your studies and the date you completed all of the coursework for your Ph.D. This letter must be on official letterhead, signed by the university official with a raised seal or notarization, and include certified translation if necessary
If you are not a US citizen, copies of the following are required:
- Passport biographic page
- Most recent 1-94 card and visa stamp
- Documentation of previous and current immigration status: including but not limited to all 1-797 approval notices, 1-20 forms, D-2019 forms, EAD cards and 1-612 waivers (for new petitioners only).
- Tax Form 1007, Foreign National Payment Data Sheet
- Tax Form 8223, Exemptions from Withholding on Compensation for Independent Personal Services of a Non-resident
- I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification
- W-4, Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
The following forms will be provided by the Department Payroll Coordinator to complete and sign in person.