The University of Washington maintained its No. 10 spot on the U.S. News & World Report’s Best Global Universities rankings, released Tuesday. The UW is second among American public institutions. UW Microbiology is ranked #4!
Peter Greenberg, professor of microbiology at the University of Washington, Seattle, describing the phenomenon of quorum sensing, wherein microbes use chemical signals to determine the size of their group, and take action when it reaches an appropriately high number.
Host: Microbiology Graduate Students
Host: Dr Matt Parsek
Host: Dr Paul Wiggins
- Confocal Laser Scanning Microscopy for Analysis of Biofilm Architecture and Matrix Localization.
Frontiers in microbiology - , 2019
Reichhardt C, Parsek MR
- Core Metabolism Shifts during Growth on Methanol versus Methane in the Methanotroph 5GB1.
mBio - Apr, 2019
Fu Y, He L, Reeve J, Beck DAC, Lidstrom ME
- Interspecies Chemical Signaling in a Methane-Oxidizing Bacterial Community.
Applied and environmental microbiology - Apr, 2019
Puri AW, Liu D, Schaefer AL, Yu Z, Pesesky MW, Greenberg EP, Lidstrom ME
- Cyclic-di-GMP regulation promotes survival of a slow-replicating subpopulation of intracellular Typhimurium.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America - Mar, 2019
Petersen E, Mills E, Miller SI
- Correction: Whole genome sequencing of extreme phenotypes identifies variants in CD101 and UBE2V1 associated with increased risk of sexually acquired HIV-1.
PLoS pathogens - 02, 2019
Mackelprang RD, Bamshad MJ, Chong JX, Hou X, Buckingham KJ, Shively K, deBruyn G, Mugo NR, Mullins JI, McElrath MJ, Baeten JM, Celum C, Emond MJ, Lingappa JR,