For the second year, Microbiology Professor Joseph Mougous, PhD, has been selected as a finalist for the Blavatnik National Award for Young Scientists in Life Sciences. Congratulations to Dr. Mougous for this prestigious recognition and honor. Learn more about the Blavatnik National Awards and the recognition of Dr. Mougous' work here.
With great sadness, I write to inform you of the sudden passing of Dr. James Champoux, professor and former chair of the UW School of Medicine Department of Microbiology. He died on Monday, a week after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, at the age of 76.
No upcoming events at this time
- Deep Mutational Scan of the Highly Conserved Influenza A Virus M1 Matrix Protein Reveals Substantial Intrinsic Mutational Tolerance.
Journal of virology - Jul, 2019
Hom N, Gentles L, Bloom JD, Lee KK
- Heterogeneity in surface sensing suggests a division of labor in populations.
eLife - Jun, 2019
Armbruster CR, Lee CK, Parker-Gilham J, de Anda J, Xia A, Zhao K, Tseng BS, Hoffman LR, Jin F, Harwood CS, Wong GCL, Parsek MR
- A mutagenic screen identifies a TonB-dependent receptor required for the lanthanide metal switch in the Type I methanotroph "" 5GB1C.
Journal of bacteriology - May, 2019
Groom JD, Ford SM, Pesesky MW, Lidstrom ME
- Salmonella Translocated Effectors Recruit OSBP1 to the Phagosome to Promote Vacuolar Membrane Integrity.
Cell reports - May, 2019
Kolodziejek AM, Altura MA, Fan J, Petersen EM, Cook M, Brzovic PS, Miller SI
- The Pseudomonas aeruginosa lectin LecB binds to the exopolysaccharide Psl and stabilizes the biofilm matrix.
Nature communications - 05, 2019
Passos da Silva D, Matwichuk ML, Townsend DO, Reichhardt C, Lamba D, Wozniak DJ, Parsek MR